After School Soccer Programme
Prep – Year 6
Our after school programmes provide a Fun & Educational introduction to Soccer. Alternatively, they can supplement regular club soccer training to further develop skills & techniques.
Throughout the School term we will work to a “Soccer Syllabus” where a different topic is worked on each week. This helps improve the children’s all round game and keeps sessions varied and fun. Each of our sessions will include a short warm up, a technical drill on the given subject e.g. shooting” and then finish with small sided games
Why choose Soccer X?
As well as providing fun filled Soccer sessions which teach the players new skills & techniques we aim to provide & improve the following skills:
- Social Skills
- Team building
- General Fitness
- Sense of Achievement
We believe by integrating these skills into our programmes it will help your children become well rounded young adults.
All abilities are welcome, so do not worry if you have never played before.
Players are split into groups according to age & ability.
Most answers to your questions can be found by checking our FAQ’s page, click here.
GIRLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
The girls programme provides the opportunity for girls to develop their skills in a comfortable learning environment. Both boys and girls have different learning styles and from experience we have seen a huge improvement in young female players who are given the opportunity to train alongside like minded players.
- Provides a comfortable learning environment for girls to learn and develop skills
- From experience boys and girls learn differently when it comes to soccer. By having a girl’s only group it allows us to tailor sessions in order to maximise development.
- Offers young female players an insight to the game and a pathway to the next step i.e. girls Academy or club soccer team.
BOYS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (YR 3 – 6)
Many of you are familiar with our after school programmes which we have run at the school over the past few years. The Development Programme provides the next step for the boys to progress and learn new skills and techniques amongst boys of a similar age and ability. The programme is available for all boys in years 3 -6. Over the course of the programme all aspects of the game will be covered ensuring improved skill level and understanding of the game.
- Next step from the after school programmes
- Sessions are more challenging, focusing on developing individual skills and techniques
- Can run alongside club soccer for those who already play or it can provide extra training for those who are considering joining a team